This eco-friendly flooring option is one of many products available through Boyds Flooring, and we happily recommend it to our clients throughout the Sacramento area of California. If you require a durable, environmentally-responsible flooring for your home or business, learn why linoleum is a wonderful choice and why we are the company to work with.
What Are The Benefits Of Linoleum Flooring?
● Durable: Linoleum has a a protective top layer. This layer reinforces the flooring’s resistance to dirt, grime, and foot traffic wear.
● Low-Maintenance: Opt for linoleum to enjoy a durable flooring material needing little maintenance. Linoleum cleans easily with a mop and non-ammonia-based cleaner every week or so. Cleaning removes dirt and other agents that scratch the flooring product over time. Since the color runs through the floor, it is possible to buff scratches and scuffs without damaging the linoleum.
● Healthy Indoor Air Quality: The only odor you will notice following linoleum flooring installation is linseed oil, a mild smell that dissipates after a few weeks. It does not emit volatile organic compounds (VOCs) to promote fresher and healthier indoor air.
● Natural & Biodegradable: This natural product reduces your home or business carbon footprint because it is made of recyclable and renewable materials. It breaks down quickly and does not take up much-needed space in landfills. You can even use the product in a compost mix if your discard pile is small enough. If not, take it to an energy-recycling incineration plant.
● Water-Resistant: Linoleum flooring makes a welcome addition to any mudroom, foyer, kitchen or bathroom because it is water-resistant. The liquid simply remains on the flooring for easy and efficient cleanup.
● Style Variety: Our team loves the endless variety of colors and designs this outstanding flooring product comes in. Find exactly what you need to match the aesthetic in various home and office spaces to improve interior spaces instantly.
● Hypoallergenic: Linoleum flooring installation provides the relief for those with asthma and allergies. Whether you or anyone in your home or office deals with respiratory issues, consider linoleum to avoid a buildup of dust, pollen, animal dander, and other allergens.
● Affordable: This flooring selection is highly cost-effective compared to other options such as ceramic and stone. It costs slightly more than vinyl, but recoups installation costs over time because of its durability and low-maintenance.
● Great Look: The classic look of linoleum creates a beautiful look applicable to most interior spaces. The colorfast construction makes it easy to disguise minor nicks and scratches so you never have to worry about subpar flooring disrupting the look of a particular room.
Our Linoleum Flooring Maintenance Tips
Use these tips following installation to keep this resilient flooring material looking great:
● Sweep or Vacuum Weekly: Sweep or vacuum the flooring weekly to remove dirt, dust, and other particles tracked in by household members or employees. Weekly dirt and dust removal prevents scratches and related damages.
● Mop Monthly: Mop your floors once or twice a month depending on foot traffic to remove abrasive agents and provide the material with a deeper clean.
● Schedule Professional Cleaning & Waxing: Schedule professional cleaning and waxing every two to three years if your linoleum is not factory-coated. This protects against yellowing as well as lasting damage from surface scratches and water. We recommend linoleum with factory-applied protective coatings to avoid yellowing, ambering, and darkening problems, as well as serious scratches and scuffs.
● Do Not Immerse In Water: While linoleum is water-resistant, it should not be submerged in liquid for cleaning purposes. Too much water from cleaning, burst pipes, and floods causes the corners, edges, or seams to curl. Additionally, maintain the humidity level in your home to prevent curling issues.
● Keep Sharp Objects Off: Avoid walking on linoleum in high heels or using furniture with sharp feet. Sharp objects can dent and cut the material.
We also suggest preparing for your installation with a correctly-installed, level subfloor. There should be a 3/8-inch or more gap between the subfloor and the baseboard top so the linoleum can expand and contract naturally.
Why You Should Choose Us For Your Linoleum Installation Needs
Whether you require linoleum for home or business purposes, we are the company to trust. Boyds Flooring has proudly served the Sacramento area since 1997, and we have built a reputation based on quality products including laminate flooring and waterproof flooring, detail-oriented installations, and outstanding customer surface. Our floors are those that our customers enjoy for decades.
Choose our services to enjoy the quality you want for the price you need. Our low overhead makes it possible to keep our prices affordable without sacrificing the quality synonymous with our name. We also offer a one-year guarantee on all installations in addition to the manufacturer’s warranty on the flooring of your choice.
We have considerable experience to pull from in terms of snap and glue-down linoleum so you can easily choose the installation that suits your home or business needs. Our team works quickly and efficiently without skimping on the details to provide your residence or commercial space with eco-friendly, durable, beautiful flooring that will not cause allergy flare-ups or contribute to poor indoor air quality. We also offer tile linoleum installations for a timeless look similar to porcelain, ceramic, and stone without the added expense.
Give your home or business the natural look and feel you want with this winning floor choice from Boyds Flooring. Our family-owned-and-operated company specializes in customized installations for reasonable prices, and we use only the highest-quality products. Trust us to install the long-lasting, beautiful linoleum or other flooring you want. We guarantee you will love the results. Give us a call today to learn what we will do for you.